Wednesday, August 02, 2006

What’s In Your Wallet?

Remember the CapitalOne commercial? While CaptialOne is not in my wallet, I do carry a couple of cards:

  • American Express True Savings card: It’s associated with my Costco membership and I only use it at Costco, which gives me 1% rebate together with the 2% cashback I get from Costco of being an executive member. I also use this card when dinning out at places AMEX is accepted for 3% rebate.
  • Citibank Dividend card: I get 5% cashback for shopping at gas stations and grocery stores.
    Cibibank Upromise card: I used to use this card for almost everything to earn 1% cashback which will later be invested in my daughter’s Upromise college saving account. Now I use this card whenever this is a Upromise sign and this is the card I use to shop online as I have registered it at many places. I don’t want to expose too many cards online. I have earned $367.83 so far with this card.
  • MBNA Fidelity 529 College Reward card: I get 2% back for every dollar I charged with this card and the cashback will be again invested in my daughter’s 529 account at Fidelity. Now this card becomes my every-day-card and I have accumulated $65 of cashback since March.
  • Bank of America Check card: I only it to get cash from the bank’s ATMs. I don’t carry much cash in my pocket and use credit cards to pay for almost everything. If credit cards are acceptable, why pay by cash? I get cashback and it’s easy to track my spending. I pay my cards in full every month and have never been late, so I am not worried about late-fee or financial charges.

I have copied all these cards, front and back, in case I lose my wallet.

In addition, I also have driver license, insurance card, AAA membership card, Costco membership card, and some grocery store discount cards.

I guess I should pay some emergency contact numbers in my wallet if anything happens to me.


Digg this!   |   Add to deli.cio.us   |   Yahoo

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

why do you carry a Costco membership card if you have a Costco AmEx? it doeubles as a Costco membership card...

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 3:50:00 PM  
Blogger The Sun from The East said...

Good question.

Actually, I got my Costco AMEX more than one year after I became a Costco member. So the membership card never left my wallet. I also feel it may be easier for the staff at the entrance to see the membership card instead of the credit card when I wave the card to get in.

Maybe next time I should try to use the AMEX only.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 6:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home