Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Terrible Translation

I put up the Alta Vista translation button in my site today just for convenience, in case there is somebody across the world needs it. Later on, I decided to try it to see how it works and I selected Chinese. Well, a click on the flag brought me the translated text, which means it did the job it's supposed to do. The translation, however, was terrible. If I don't know what I have wrote, I can barely understand what it says. The program literally translates every English word into Chinese and doesn't even bother to rearrange the sentence to make it readable. For example, "post" has the same meaning as "job position" after the translation. Total garbage!

I guess I won't attract any Chinese reader with it.


Digg this!   |   Add to deli.cio.us   |   Yahoo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home